The Children’s Defense Fund national conference will gather 3,000 leading researchers, educators, policymakers, practitioners, faith leaders, and advocates including 1,000 young adult leaders from July 22 – July 25 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
When 16.4 million children are poor, 8.3 million children don’t have health care, and a majority of children cannot read or compute at grade level in the fourth, eighth, and 12th grades – we have a growing national crisis that demands an urgent response in these politically volatile and polarized times.
CDF will be showcasing community building and engagement programs including:
- CDF Freedom Schools®, Young Advocate Leadership Training, and Beat the Odds® programs
- Harlem Children’s Zone and Promise Neighborhoods
- Children’s Sabbath networks and Intergenerational networks
- Best practices to enroll eligible children in health care
- Comprehensive continuum of care from birth to adulthood, with a strong emphasis on Early Childhood development and education.
Register today at ChildrensDefense.org.